Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscars Fashions

Bonjour,

So, as you and the rest of America knows, last night was the 82nd Annual Oscars! And why do we watch the Oscars? To see who wins, yes, but most importantly, to see who wears whom. The Oscars may very well be the most highly anticipated night in fashion, and last night was not a disappointment. Although, I'll admit that there were no OH MY GOD dresses on that red
carpet in my honest opinion. Pretty? Yes. Stunning? To a degree. But jaw-dropping, drool-worthy confections? Nope. Which leads me to my next point:

Here are my picks for the evening's best dressed:


Anna Kendrick in Ellie Saab:
This dress was so dream-like. I love the weightless quality of the chiffon and the romantic draping incorporated into the piece. Despite my concern for her monochromatic - hooker footwear, Ms. Kendrick was certainly lighter than air in this lovely Ellie Saab gown.

Carrie Mulligan in Prada:
Is it just me, or is Carrie Mulligan possibly the most adorable thing in Hollywood right now? (other than Ryan Reynolds of course :] ) I adore the little trinket-details on the bodice of her frock. (Are the little keys, forks and spoons not precious!) What a cheeky and fun way to do the Oscars!

Penelope Cruz in Donna Karan:
The Nine starlet was pure perfection in this Donna Karan ringer. The burgandy color is so rich, and complements her complexion perfectly. Not to mention that the origami neckline is simple, yet ever so elegant. Once again, Ms. Cruz proves to us that divinity is in the details.

Jennifer Lopez in Armani Prive:
Two words for J-Lo's look: High. Drama. This irridescent Armani Prive piece hits all the right notes. From the sculptural folds of neckline to the sumptuous cascade at the hip, this gown looks like bottled moonlight. If Jennifer Lopez wanted our attention, she most certainly got it.

Rachel McAdams in Ellie Saab:
I see this gown and I'm transported to some mythical fairy glen. Between the muted colors, and the flowing movement, this gown can't help but evoke feelings of romanticism. And I must admit that Ms. McAdams pulled off the look flawlessly. Eat your heart out Prince Charming.

So what did you think of the Oscar's looks? Do you agree with my picks? Were there any looks that stood out to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts on one of fashion's biggest nights!

Until next time loves.

Cheers,

Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © malloryrichard
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com